This post is the entry point to clean code and programming principles. It lists the most important articles, on this website, about these topics.
The posts are:
- Clean code and programming principles – The ultimate beginner’s guide. A very thorough introduction to programming principles for beginners. We examine the qualities of good code and the most important programming principles, one-by-one.
- Naming – The ultimate guide. The complete guide for naming in code. We examine the motivation for good names, general naming principles and established naming conventions for a lot of things.
- Error handling. The entrypoint article for error handling. We cover everything from how to respond to errors, to error catching best practices, and much more.
- Nulls and null checks. Nulls are tricky. They can be very difficult to work with and track. In this article, we examine some solutions for working with them.
- Control flow for invalid actions. An important part of clean code is handling control flow. In this article, we’ll examine actions that may fail and need a check first.
- How to write clean code units (functions and methods). Learn how to create small, specific code units (functions and methods) that are easy to work with.
Featured image – Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash